My theology training and biblical understanding is central to my focus on delivering sound, bible based, clear, relevent and effiective preaching and teaching. So for your information I have listed a summary of some of the courses I have completed, and the study books I have read and refer to:
COURSES I HAVE COMPLETED
- Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary - Christ Centred Expository Preaching. (A careful drawing out of the exact meaning of a passage of scripture in its original context).
- Covent Theological Seminary, Knox Theological Seminary - Preaching and the principles and practice of sermon crafting to show the unifying principle of grace. (1. Word and Witness - The power of God is inherant in the Word. 2. What's the Big Idea. 3. Text Selection and Interpretation. 4. The Road from Text to Surman. 5. Outlining and Arrangement. 6. Propositions & Main Points. 7. Introductions. 8. Exposition. 9. Sermon Divisions & Development. 10. Conclusions. 11. Classification of Messages. 12. Explanation. 13. Why to Illustrate. 14. How to Illustrate. 15. Application. 16. Transitions and Dialogical Method. 17. Methods of Sermon Presentation. 18. Voice & Gesture. 19. Dress & Style. 20. Old Friends in New Clothes. 21. Word & Spirit. 22. A Redemptive Approach to Preaching. 23. Developing Redemptive Messages. 24. Hearing the Application of Redemptive Principles. 25. Redemptive Interpretation and Bibilical Genre).
STUDY BOOKS ON THEOLOGY I HAVE READ / REFER TO
Main Study Books:
- The Bible Guide - A consise overview of all 66 books.
- The Life of Jesus made easy.
- Why Jesus Died.
- Spirit of Truth.
- The Bible and Ethics.
- A New Heaven and a New Earth.
- God in the Shadows.
- The Lamb of God.
- The Book of Bible Charts, Maps and Timelines.
- Commentary on the New Testament, use of the Old Testament.
Secondary, Supporting Books:
- Finding Dawins God.
- Erasing Hell.
- Hebrew Word Study.
- All things New - Heaven, Earth and the Restoration of everything you love.
STUDY BOOKS ON CHRISTIAN ART I HAVE READ / REFER TO
- Understanding Early Christian Art.
- Art and the Bible.
- A Journey into Christian Art.
- The Christian Year in Painting.
- Art and Religion in the 21st Century.
- God in the Gallery.